Want to hack on LightNVM? Awesome!
If you have a question about LightNVM and its tools. Feel free to make an issue Github.
- Linux kernel (https://github.com/OpenChannelSSD/linux)
- liblightnvm (https://github.com/OpenChannelSSD/liblightnvm)
- lnvm-tools (https://github.com/OpenChannelSSD/lnvm-tools)
- Documentation (https://github.com/OpenChannelSSD/documentation)
How to become a contributer
If you find implemented a nice feature, found a bug and fixed, and now want contribute it. Please submit a pull request through Github.
If you want to submit a Linux kernel patch, please follow the Linux kernel guide to submit patches (https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/howto.html).
When submitting a patch for the Linux kernel, CC the following:
- Maintainer: email@example.com
- Linux block layer list: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linux kernel mailing list: email@example.com
How do I introduce a new NVMe SSD that supports the Open-Channel SSD interface?
Please update the "nvme_nvm_ns_supported" function in the the /drivers/nvme/host/lightnvm.c file with the appropriate PCI vendor, device id, and detection method. After the patch have been made, feel free to submit it to the Linux kernel.